Let's Have a Pamper Party!!!

Learn to pamper your skin the natural way. At Pura we have the products and information you need to be naturally you.



*Aromatic soy candles - scents made of essential oils



*All natural body salts/sugar scrubs - chemical free, and scented with essential oils



*Natural moisturizing lip balm - natural oils and butters/petroleum free



*Natural body butter - natural butters and oils, petroleum free, and scented with essential oils



*Natural perfume/body sprays - made with natural oils and scents created using essential oils



* Mineral make up - eye shadow, lip gloss, foundation, and make up customized just for you

Hair Care Products - made using rare and exotic butters and oils.

*HANDMADE SOAP - COMING SOON







For more information send requests to purabodynaturals@gmail.com







Thursday, April 21, 2011

Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help With Dandruff?

I love experimenting with different things as I will only know if something works if I give it a try.  I've read that many people use ACV (apple cider vinegar) to remove build up from hair as well as provide a little sheen. So I figured I would see what it would do for my hair.

Results, my hair hated ACV, I mean really hated it.  My hair was squeaky clean and extremely dry and they're was no trace of any type of sheen.  On the flip side of that, I noticed my scalp felt really good and not tight and itchy as it normally does when I shampoo.  So I started thinking maybe ACV could help with my seborrheic dermatitis (a fancy word for dandruff).  I started reading a little more about the benefits of ACV and as it turns out, it supposedly can offer assistance with skin issues. I also starting using it on my face as somewhat of a toner and it did help with the dry flaky skin that comes as a result of seborrheic dermatitis. 

How it works
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antiseptic properties and its thought to balance your skin.  As a toner it adjusts that pH balance of your skin to keep your acid mantle intact.  When your acid mantle is disturbed your skin is prone to dryness and breakouts.

ACV Scalp Tonic
1 tbls  water
1 tbls vinegar
1 tbls aloe vera juice

Mix and you're ready to apply to your scalp.  I use a toothbrush to massage my scalp while I'm doing it.

You can also add a little oil to the mixture to be beneficial to your scalp.  Some good oils are neem oil, rosemary EO, chamomile EO, tea tree oil EO, and clary sage EO to name a few.


ACV Facial Toner

Same recipe as above but add 1/4 tsp of glycerin to add a little moisture.

**Remember ACV is an acid so you may need to start with less ACV to see how your skin adjusts to it.  If your skin burns when you use it, reduce the amount of vinegar.

Use toner by wiping it on your face with a cotton ball making sure to avoid your eyes.  Don't use on open sores or wounds as you will surely feel a burning sensation.  Moisturize your skin as usual when you're done.


Naturally You

2 comments:

  1. I have suffer from seborrheic dermatitis for eighteen years. I have tried countless products to cure this condition but generally only experience minimial results. I'm excited about trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it works Lisza. For me it works better than Nizoral which dries my hair out so bad.

    ReplyDelete